8 Years Old Flies An Airplane?
This summer I flew a Piper Cub and it was so fun. The Piper Cub which has a propeller and mono-wing is a tail–wheel two-seater airplane. Most are privately flown although some are used by the military for training. I will now give an account of my incredible experience taking off, flying, and landing the Piper Cub in Exeter, NH.
When we were ready a helper spun the propeller; it did not go. After that the instructor primed the engine and then the propeller spun. I sat in the front and the instructor, who took us off, was in the back. When we took off I was excited and I gripped the throttle tightly. It was jumpy and the plane rolled swiftly along. We dipped goodbye to family and friends. We were off.
The nice instructor who controlled during the most of flight gave me a chance to steer too. It was really exciting to control the plane. While I was controlling, I got to climb, dive and roll the Cub right and left. We saw surfers, horses and a farm while we were flying. We also raced cars. I was excited and it was fun and cool. When we smoothly were done we headed smoothly to the airfield.
It was time to land and we slowly came in with the instructor controlling. There was a little bump when we landed. While we taxied I waved to family and friends who were standing nearby. I logged .4 hours towards my pilot’s license.
I had a fun flight and I learned a lot about flying airplanes. When we were done getting my pilot’s log, we had breakfast at the Airfield cafe. I was happy. It was exciting. I was 8 years old.

2 comments:
Awesome! What a great story, and it was very well told to boot.
Wow Miles. That is incredible. Good for you!
Post a Comment