Geography Club: Venezuela
The Brazilian Tapir looks essentially like a mixture of a pig and a small hippo and weighs 300-700 pounds. Just like an elephant the, tapir has an elongated nose that can grab things .The tapir’s colors are black or black / brown. Baby tapirs have stripes to help camouflage them. The mother tapir is pregnant for 13 months. Mother tapirs raise their young, but otherwise tapirs live alone.

The natural habitat of a tapir is swampy rainforests in Venezuela and other parts of South America. The tapir eats 85 pounds of vegetation each day. Tapirs are active in the evenings and at night. The predators of a tapir are jaguars, crocodiles and anacondas. The thick skin on the back of a tapir’s neck helps protect it from its predators. I thought the Brazilian Tapir looked ridiculous.

4 comments:
I think the baby Tapir is absolutely adorable! I hope to see one in a zoo someday.
-gram
Tapirs are so ugly they're cute!
-gramps
The Tapir does look a little silly.
85 pounds of food a day? Wow! That is a lot of food.
Are these creatures related to the Capybara?
no
Post a Comment