Welcome!
Hi , I'm Miles and I am eight years old. I am interested in a good bunch of things. Some of these things that I will be writing about on this blog are airplanes and the American Revolution (but mostly aeroplanes). I might also write about nature, God, playing piano and boats.
Categories
- 1812 (1)
- bailing out (1)
- biography (1)
- brothers (1)
- da Vinci (1)
- drawing board flight (1)
- Fokker (1)
- Geography Club (1)
- German (2)
- Interceptors (1)
- my life (2)
- pilot license (1)
- poetry (1)
- The Red Baron (1)
- USS Constitution (1)
- Wildlife (1)
- WWI (1)
- WWII (2)


11 comments:
What an interesting plane! Can you see one in a museum today?
-gram
There are 3 Natters left. Two can be seen at museums. One is at Smithsonian Institution's Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington, DC and the other at the Fantasy of Flight Museum in Florida.
Where is the third one?
The third surviving Natter is in storage at the Garber facility in Maryland.
Did you know that the Japanese made planes out of balsa wood (the same wood they made toys out of)? They made them out of balsa wood because they didn't have very much steel.
Cool blog : )
Frank and Tristan
Frank and Tristan / That is cool . Thanks .
During World War II the British made a two engine fighter bomber called the Mosquito. It was also made from wood and it was one of the fastest aircraft used in the war. You can google the Mosquito and see a demonstration of the aircraft being built and flown.
Hi Indy. There are four forces that act on an aircraft in flight:
1. Lift
2. Gravity
3. Thrust
4. Draft
Would you like to begin a discussion of these forces?
Miles, thanks for posting about the Natter. I had never heard of this. Very interesting!
-gramps
Very interesting. Did you mean drag Grandpa k? yes.
Yes, I meant drag.
What are the three types of drag that act upon an aircraft? If you do not know, I will discuss it with you.
Post a Comment